Visual Effect Lecture Project Week 01

This week we started on our second Tech art project, which is to create a visual effect and teach it to the class. We need to take it a step further than just a tutorial by being able to effectively explain how and why everything works and what we are doing.

Since, I want to eventually create VFX for cinematic scenes I decided to demonstrate the pipeline for creating highly detailed cinematic fluids. Many programs, such as Houdini, have shelves for different types of fluids so I have decided to start with learning the background of Fluid simulation before moving onto creating my VFX.

I've learned that Fluid Sims have been around since the 50s and 60 and were mathematically based and I have been trying to wrap my head around terms such as Level sets, Particle level sets, staggered marker-and-cell (MAC) grid structures, Particle In Cell (PIC) method, which was the precursor to modern day FLIP, MPM and other hybrid methods.

I am going to continue to read up on this until I feel I have at least a minimal understanding of these complex terms and then apply them to a simple VFX.

This was the begining article to help me get started:
https://www.fxguide.com/featured/the-science-of-fluid-sims/?cn-reloaded=1&cn-reloaded=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Librares

3D Week 03 pt.1